Registration Night Check List
Before You Arrive to Register:
On the Night of Registration:
- Complete the front page of the registration worksheet completely.
- Students should include 14 courses selections and 5 alternates. (Courses that require 2 spaces count as 2 courses.)
- Make sure a career interest is listed to help facilitate discussion of course selections.
- Parents should sign the registration sheets allowing for release of student transcripts.
- Begin with the student's advisory teacher. The advisory teacher will:
- answer questions as they are able
- review that worksheets are complete and correct
- talk with students/parents about the student's plan for the future
- sign-off on worksheets, and send parents/students to meet with their dean.
- Students/parents will have a brief meeting with their deans to:
- answer questions that remain
- review registration worksheets
- make additional suggestions as appropriate
- Students will then move to computers to input their final registration selections and alternates. When students have entered all requests, they’ll be asked to:
- Tear off the back page of the registration worksheet to keep as their record. (Another option would be to take a picture of the back page and turn in the entire worksheet)
- Turn in their course request worksheet before leaving. Deans keep those copies for reference.
- Students do NOT need to print a copy of their course requests. That information should be filled out on the back page of the worksheet.