New to FLAS 8th Graders
Registration for Current FLAMS 8th Graders
Registration is an important process. For students who take time to read, plan, and reflect, it can help them formulate a plan into their future career. To support this process, students are encouraged to utilize the resources found in the Digital Folder. If you have questions after reviewing this process, please reach out to Mrs. Brittni Miller.
To prepare for registration, all current 8th grade students should work with their Ranger Connect teachers and their families to complete the following steps:
Match your Interest Profile to a career type.
Identify career fields of interest and begin to plan for balanced courses in your Personal Learning Plan.
Sumbit course selections in the Google Form from your registration worksheet by January 30th.
- 11th: High school Assistant Principals visit the Middle School to deliver materials and information.
- 11th - 29th: Students and families explore interests and plan out courses and alternates for next year.
- 26th @ 7pm: Parent night at the high school auditorium (Slides from the evening)
- exploring the big picture
- advanced placement courses
- thinking beyond 9th grade
- 29th: Final day to submit selected courses via the Google Form (this form is only available to a student logged into their district Google account)
- 2nd OR 7th anytime from 4-8pm: students and families meet with Ranger Connect Teacher to discuss and finalize student course plans