Book Hold Request
If you would like to request a book that is currently unavailable, consider doing a book hold request. Just follow these steps.
- Go to the high school's media website: www.flaschools.org/hsmedia
- Find and click the "Log In" link in the upper right of the screen.
- Click the "Sign in with Google" and use your school account.
- Locate a book that you would like to request. You can follow these directions on searching the catalog to help.
- When you find a book you want, you can see if the book is available in the upper right corner. You will also see a button that will allow you to place a hold for the book.
- Click the "Hold" button for a book you wish to reserve. You should see a pop up telling you that your hold request has been place, and the "Hold" button will change to "Unhold".
- That's it. You have successfully put a book on hold.
- Looking for a good book? Consider looking through the Collections created by Brockman. There are lots of great titles in each collection, and the lists shown below are just some of the options. On the Destiny Discover home page, look for Collections.
COVID-19 BOOK PICK UP
Don't let COVID19 keep you from great books!
During the mandatory distance learning experience, students are encouraged to request books from the media center. Here's what you need to know.
- Place books on hold by following the instructions at the left.
- It is highly recommended that you only request books listed as "In" as books that are "Out" may not be coming back in a timely manner.
- Books placed on hold by noon on Wednesday may be picked up on Friday as part of the materials pick up routine.
- Students will receive an email notifying them when books are ready for pick up.
- Books that are not picked up will be available for one additional week before they are returned to the media center.
- Please drop off finished books when picking up new ones.
- Students may request up to 3 books each week.
- Reading is good for the brain and good for the soul.
- Improve your grades, your test scores, and your future success one book at a time.
- Participate in the Rangers Read Program. Read and record 10 books per year, and graduate with literary honors.