Independent Forest Lake Area Scholarships
Independent Scholarship Applications
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
In order to apply you must meet these FINANCIAL GUIDELINES
Type of School of Attendance EFC Number Maximum (This information is given after submitting your FAFSA as your Expected Family Contribution)
Community College - $12,000
State College - $16,000
State University - $23,000
Private School - $45,000
These guidelines are also based on historical data. Students with EFC numbers over the allowed parameter for the type of school chosen will automatically be denied. Parents and students are allowed to submit additional information if they have significant extenuating circumstances regarding their financial situation.
Tozer Foundation does reserve the right to ongoing review of an applicant or recipient’s financial qualifications, especially in light of final choice of school or change of schools, and reserves the right to adjust or eliminate Tozer Foundation funding.
The Tozer Foundation Scholarship Committee is eager to review your application. Selections will be made in May.
Directions linked above or start your application here: https://apply.mykaleidoscope.com/scholarships/2023Tozer
Application Deadline: April 1, 2023
- Be a high school senior or high school graduate enrolling in postsecondary school for the first time or current postsecondary undergraduate with at least 36 college credit hours completed within four years of their high school graduation year.
- Be a resident of or attended high school in Kanabec, Pine, or Washington Counties in Minnesota.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire upcoming academic year.
1 - $1500 schoalrship. Students must attend any two-year or four-year college, vo-tech school or trade school. The field of study must be animal related. The scholarship is used for tuition or books and will be paid upon receipt of proof of payment for either.
Students applying for the scholarship MUST live in Anoka County.
Mail Completed Materials to: Randy Bebeau, Anoka County Minnesota Kennel Club, Attn: Scholarship Committee, 352 McKinley Street, Anoka, MN 44303
Application Deadline: May 1, 2023
$500 awarded to the student with the best essay.
Please write a short (1 page) essay about what community service means to you and what you do in your life to make the community in which you live a better place, especially for others.
Also, include your college/trade school plans for the 2022-2023 school year and what the academic activities, hobbies and sports you are currently a part of.
Send your essay to: Helen Hawkinson-Mike, 943 5th Street SE, Forest Lake, MN 55025
Application Deadline: Postmarked by March 31st, 2023.
Two $500 scholarships will be awarded to graduating seniors who are residents of Columbus Township. Eligibility is based on academic achievement and involvement in school and community activities. The award is to be used for further education at a college or vocational-technical institution. Contact Genia Sjerven @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Send completed application materials to: Genia Sjerven 14496 Geneva Ave N Hugo, MN 55038
Application deadline: March 31, 2023
This scholarship seeks to amplify the voices of Black students in our communities through the possibilities of education.
Candidate must: • Live or attend school in Family Pathways service area which includes the Counties of Chisago, Pine, Mille Lacs, Carlton, Isanti, Kanabec in Minnesota and the City of Forest Lake; as well as Polk County in Wisconsin. •Identify as a Black or African American student • Be currently enrolled or will be enrolling in 1st year post-secondary school for the upcoming academic year Application deadline is April 15, 2023. 2023-Scholarship-Application-Final.pdf
The Forest Lake Area Athletic Association (FLAAA) has up to 10 - $1000 scholarships to be awarded to graduating Seniors. Criteria for the scholarship are based on athletic, academic and community involvement.
To qualify for a $1000 scholarship, the application must:
• Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 from grade 10 through the first semester/quarter of grade 12.
• Have participated in a FLAAA sport(s) for at least four seasons (traveling baseball, traveling basketball, traveling fastpitch, traveling hockey (prior to 2019), traveling soccer (prior to 2011), traveling volleyball, in-house modified pitch softball, in-house football and lacrosse).
• Currently live within the borders of the Independent School District 831. • Attending a college, university or technical school after completing your senior year of high school.
• Complete the application (neatly) and apply for the award by March 31, 2023